Monday, July 09, 2007


We went to the beach for the fouth of July week. It is a trip that we do every year with our friends Jim and Amanda Phelps. We left on June 30th and came back July 7th. We had some really funny times and it was so relaxing. We went to Mexico Beach. It is so nice there because it is not as populated as places like PCB and Destin. In fact it wasn't crowded at all - I have heard this stretch of beach is known as "florida's forgotten" because it has stayed so undeveloped.
The first day we were there a school of dolphin swam right in front of us about 100 yards. They were beautiful! Speaking of beautiful, we posed Evie on the beach and took pictures of her in her white dress.
We drove over to Port St. Joe one night and ate at the marina, that is the picture of us standing in front of the boats at the marina...the boats that we could not even afford to buy the dinghy's on. (We saw one that had a fishing seat that cost 20,000.00...what!!)
Evie loved the fourth of July on the beach - we played all day in the pool and then went to the ocean in the afternoon, cooked hamburgers and ate them while we watched fire works going off all down the coast in both directions.











we were building a sand castle when JIm got "hit". Notice the brown blob on his side...that would be sea gull poop... if it was the same ones we were feeding earlier that morning then that was a mixtue of doritos, bread, and lucky charms marshmellows.














We took several family photos over the course of the trip.



















































This is Evie with my cousin Heather. We met up with her and her husband Marco and my other cousin Dave in St. ANdrews bay one night.











This is JIm feeding the seagulls that would later turn on him. Evie loved it!












6 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

OMG..she's sososososo pretty and sooo adorable! I called Liz the other day and we just talked about how sweet she is! Hey, I'm so jelous of your new cam!! What are the specs? Also, if I email you the picture of Laney kissing Landon, can you embellish it for me with your photoshop? You're SO good at that. I wish I had photoshop. Here I am wishing and wishing. :) Miss you
Hollie

The Hartzog's said...

What a doll!!! As if you don't know, you have such a pretty little girl!! Looks like ya'll had a great time at the beach and you got some great pictures. I was scrolling down to catch up on your blog. You are good at that photoshop stuff. We have it and don't even know how to use it. I love the one on down where she's looking in the mirror and her reflection is in color. You are good!!!

Liz said...

aaaahhhhhh! Thanks for the new pics.....I wish I could hold her RIGHT NOW!
I'm glad y'all had fun at the beach. I'm super-jealous that you got to see Heather and Marco.
Love you!

The Hudgins said...

these are awesome pics. that dress is so beautiful. such a pretty girl.

JDRichSLP said...

I LOVE the beach pics - so gorgeous! I can't wait to see you guys again - our last visit was way too short, especially since Kobi was LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDRichSLP said...

Hey there

Finally updating the blog on this end. And I FINALLY linked yours to mine! Love ya - tell the fam I said hello! - Jess